Pappardelle with Fennel & Sausage Ragu27.11.2017
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 sprig rosemary finely chopped
- 450g pack Pork Sausagemeat
- 680g jar Passata
- 250g pappardelle pasta or tagliatelle
- 4 tbsp fresh Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Handful fresh basil
- Heat the oil in a medium heavy-based saucepan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Stir in the garlic, fennel seeds and rosemary and cook for a further minute.
- Add the sausagemeat to the onion and gently cook for 1-2 minutes, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Add the passata and season. Simmer for 10-15 minutes without the lid, until thickened.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pappardelle for 4 minutes until tender. Drain the pasta reserving a ladleful of water and return the pasta to the pan.
- Ladle the sauce into the pan with the pasta and reserved pasta water and gently toss.